Exciting opportunity to shape the direction of Melbourne’s leading creative arts precinct.
Collingwood Yards is a creative arts precinct run by Contemporary Arts Precincts (CAP), a not for profit social enterprise. Collingwood Yards is at an exciting stage of growth. The precinct of fifty creative businesses is now fully tenanted and open to the public. We are attracting considerable interest and need an experienced Operations Manager to help shape the precinct in this period of possibility and change. We welcome a new addition to our management team, to ensure that our place matches the potential of our creative community and visitors.
Who we are
The community at Collingwood Yards includes arts organisations and artists, staff, volunteers and community members and community organisations. The precinct is an open community and visitor destination, with a popular restaurant, cafe and a rooftop bar. We have four galleries on site as well as creative retailers. Our courtyard is the location for a lively events program and we are soon to enjoy an outdoor stage. The precinct is attracting significant interest nationally and internationally, both as an attractive place to visit and work, and also as an example of a new kind of community resource, fueled by ideas from some of Australia’s leading creatives.
Who you are (essential criteria)
The Operations Manager role will lead the team of three to manage site operations at Collingwood Yards, reporting directly to the CEO. The focus of the role is upon creating an excellent experience of the precinct as a place for tenants, visitors and community.
The following are essential criteria:
- You are interested in improving operational procedures and processes.
- You can create and manage a budget and report to management with confidence.
- You have knowledge of Work Health and Safety and Regulatory Compliance.
- You have cultural awareness and sensitivity to working with people from diverse backgrounds and can negotiate sensitively and assertively.
- You have strong administration skills with excellent attention to detail.
- You have ideas and wish to contribute to the vision of Collingwood Yards and our new Strategic Plan.
- You have previously worked within a similar role within a precinct or venue, and understand complex environments.
- You have experience in managing teams, cultivating a positive team culture.
- You are a flexible, team player yourself; able to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
- You can prioritise tasks and deliver outcomes within acceptable time-frames.
- You have strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- You are prepared to occasionally work after hours.
Who you might be (desired but not essential)
- Relevant qualifications including First Aid Certificate, Elevated Work Platform and Safety Officer training/ qualifications.
- Experience working within the arts and community cultural environment.
- Disability Awareness and/or experience working with or in support of people with a perceived disability.
- Experience and/or knowledge of working in First Nations cultural contexts.
What we offer
- A job where your work will contribute to meaningful social change and impact upon people from all walks of life.
- A lively and engaging work environment, where you come into daily contact with creative people and their communities.
- A culturally safe workplace where difference is celebrated.
- A culture of collaboration and teamwork.
Terms and conditions
- This position is a full-time ongoing position with a six-month probationary period.
- The position is 5 days per week – Monday – Friday (1 FTE). Salary inclusive of 10% superannuation available upon application.
- The position is based at Collingwood Yards, 35 Johnson St, Collingwood (centrally located) and requires full-time work on-site.
- The successful candidate will undertake a police check and Working With Children Check at their own expense.
How to apply
- To apply for this role, please fill out the form at this link [https://airtable.com/shrJ7CNbdBVfKmYkr]
- This will ask you some short questions and make space for you to attach a cover letter and CV.
- Even if you do not meet all the criteria outlined in this ad, we strongly encourage you to apply, especially if you are from a culturally diverse background.
- Applications close at 5pm Tuesday 8 March.
The full position description is available here.
For more information about this role, email: email@example.com