The application process is in two stages.
Stage 1 consists of submitting written responses and supporting material via this page. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to proceed to Stage 2.
Your application for the Bank of Melbourne Collingwood Yards Residency will open in another window. Please note that you cannot save the progress of your application prior to submitting.
We recommend drafting your responses in a document and copying the text over when you’re ready to submit.
You will receive a copy of your responses when you have submitted your application. Limited feedback will be available on request at the conclusion of the judging period.
Stage 2 consists of a short interview (20 minutes) in person at Collingwood Yards or online via Zoom. If the interview is in person the shortlisted applicants will also be offered a tour of the Residency space.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss alternate application methods for either or both Stages. You can contact us on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Applications are subject to the following conditions of entry and applicants must agree to these as part of lodging an application for the Residency.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age and live in Victoria.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Joint applications for collaborative projects by more than one artist are eligible (up to a maximum of four individuals). Applicants agree that the Residency will not increase in length or value should a joint application be awarded the Residency.
- The $10,000 must be used by the Resident to deliver the Proposal agreed with Bank of Melbourne and Collingwood Yards.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified in September 2022 and the successful applicant (Resident) will be notified in September 2022 before the public announcement in October 2022.
- The Resident must enter into separate agreements with (i) Collingwood Yards; and (ii) Westpac Banking Corporation. The agreements will cover arrangements for taking up residency within Collingwood Yards, payment, reporting requirements and other obligations. The Resident must comply with these agreements and any associated benefits are conditional on complying with these agreements.
- Collingwood Yards will provide the Resident with 24 hour access to the space inclusive of electricity outgoings for average office use. The tenancy excludes fitout, furniture, external signage, computer and phone line which (to the extent required) must be provided by the Resident.
- The Resident will be obliged to make use of the space and have an active presence at Collingwood Yards.
- The Resident will make themselves available for marketing and agree to work with Collingwood Yards and Bank of Melbourne to ensure an ongoing public presence in regard to the Residency.
- The Residency must be taken up and completed within the allocated 12 months and cannot be postponed.
- The Resident will be required to complete a report at the completion of the Tenancy, which will be a self-assessment against their Proposal. There may also be an informal reporting requirement throughout the Residency which will take the form of a short, conversational meeting. Further details of the completion report are provided in the agreement with Bank of Melbourne.
- Where appropriate the Resident will acknowledge the Residency and its contributions in the formation of any major work developed or presented in the 12 months following the Residency.
- The Judging Panel’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.