The Perry Street Building houses storefronts and a restaurant on the upper ground level, workshops and galleries on Level 1 and a complex of artist studios on Level 2. A lift is situated at the eastern side of the building while stairs can be found at both the eastern and western ends.
The Perry Street Building was the first purpose-built school structure on site at the Collingwood Technical School, completed in 1913. In 1928, the Collingwood Technical School Council purchased a boot factory that adjoined the school grounds, incorporating this structure into the Perry Street Building and housing the Boot and Shoe department, with an enrolment of 220 students. In 1943 a fire destroyed much of this building, and two further stories were added during the rebuilding process. The character of this building is largely industrial, having served as the workshops for the Boot and Shoe, Building, Plumbing, Sheetmetal and Machining Departments.